Plexus assists clients in designing, scoping and managing lender-compliant socio-economic impact studies. We also review and monitor environmental, social (and health) impact assessments (ESIA/ESHIA) with a focus on managing the interface between project proponents, local ESIA consultants and lenders.
The Plexus team has worked for more than 40 years in the area of impact assessment and project planning. Alongside socio-economic impact studies, we provide leadership on scoping and social baseline studies. We also carry out peer reviews of project-specific impact assessments, including risk assessments, social impact assessments (SIA) and integrated ESIA/ESHIAs and help clients to comply with IFC Performance Standards and the Equator Principles. Plexus and its associates have led and managed SIAs, strategic impact assessments and socio-economic impact studies in over 40 countries across six continents.
We integrate environmental, community, human rights, supply chain, safety and health aspects in our approach to ESIA/ESHIA management. Our strategic partner Habitat Health Impact Consulting is a leader in health impact assessment.
Specific services include:
- Socio-economic impact studies
- ESIA/ESHIA scoping, oversight and review
- Integrated/strategic impact assessments
- Labour influx management plans
- Human rights impact assessments
Related projects include:
- Tengizchevroil: Participatory Needs Assessment (Kazakhstan)
- Energy sector client: Social Baseline Worker Camp (Kazakhstan)
- Energy sector client: Social Risk Review for Worker Camps (Kazakhstan)
- Banfora Gold Project: Social and Health Impact Assessment (Burkina Faso)
- Marathon Oil: ESIA Support and Capacity Building (Kurdistan)
- Rockhopper Exploration: Socio-economic Impact Study (Falkland Islands)
- Madagascar Oil: Non-technical Risk Assessment (Tsimiroro oilfield)
- El Paso Energy: Visual Impact Assessment of Coastal E&P Project (Brazil)